I love pancakes. Love them. But I can’t help but feel a little guilty when I make a batch on a Saturday morning for lazy late breakfast.
So, here’s an incredibly quick, easy and healthy recipe to make banana pancakes that are gluten free and still taste delish.
Ingredients (for one person)
– 1 ripe banana
– 2 free range eggs
– a pinch of cinnamon
– coconut oil
- Mash up the banana until you’ve managed to smooth out any big lumps
- Crack two eggs into the bowl and mix with the banana and cinnamon using a fork until you have a smooth ‘batter’
- Heat a frying pan on the hob and add half a teaspoon(ish) of coconut oil, let it melt
- Once melted and hot, spoon a third of the batter onto the frying pan and give it a bit of a wiggle to get the mix to spread out (like you would with a regular pancake or omelette)
- When the underside is golden brown, flip it over
- Make sure it’s cooked through, then plate up and drizzle with maple syrup, chocolate spread or honey and berries. Yum.